Thursday, August 10, 2006

Further "unmapped" Reflections

It has been almost two weeks since Jonathan and I began our 24-hour odyssey. It has that feeling of being very long ago, in a different place, in a different world. That mental state we went into was so very different than the everyday mindset of getting things done, accomplishments, beginnings and endings. Not to say that we weren't doing those things, but it was in such a non-everyday kind of mode. For 24-hours we were only doing, basically, three things: getting ready to perform, performing, and recovering from performing. And, these 3 things were compacted into hour after hour. It is only now, in a way, that I can step back from that experience and see how different I was in those hours.

So, how does that experience effect me now? I've been asked that question a number of times, and I don't know how to quite answer it. There is a sense of accomplishment, or almost, I can't believe I did it. And it feels like Jonathan and I can perform anywhere at any time and really be present, go deep and, basically, kick ass. But, there is something else - something less obvious. It is a sense or feeling that is resting just outside of my consciousness, I'm not even sure of what it is yet. Maybe it is a bigger sense of freedom, of self-expression, of my ability to create. Maybe it is an expanded sense of what I am capable of, of what is possible. It could be more spaciousness, more openness. Maybe it is a stronger sense of groundedness - bigger earth, bigger sky. It could be deeper trust, stronger conviction and wider wonderment. It is exciting. It is joyful.

I'm so ready to go further, to go to "What's next?"

1 comment:

Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. cars by pixar